Ever since my first transatlantic crossing in 2002, rowing solo and without assistance, I have had the opportunity to organize or participate in various seminars and conferences in France and abroad.
Sharing my experience with 3 transatlantic crossings and the values nurtured by these challenges provides for opportunities to establish footbridges with the corporate world.
- mental strength
- the accomplishment of a teamwork
- relationship between a person and his/her environment.
These unusual journeys bring to an individual, authentic and fundamental realities : the ocean, the weather, capsizing, life and death issues. This difficult dialogue with nature makes it possible to go beyond oneself and keep learning constantly, resulting in a new outlook to the self in particular and the existence in general.
Among the different themes :
- How to build a team and motivate it toward completing a project.
- Maximize learning from someone else’s experience.
- Re-evaluate one’s capabilities and ambitions to better achieve the desired goal.
- Anticipate difficulties, measure the risks and manage the obstacles as they occur.
The material I may use during my interventions includes slides, photos, DVD and short videos..
A schedule of content, rules and charges is agreed upon beforehand to better achieve the desired priorities.
Conference at the United Nation Headquarters
New York, November 2009